The new-look Bozeman Bucks will enter their 2021 season hoping for some familiar results…(click the link below to read the story from the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
Baseball pants, belt, ballcap, and long sleeves (when temps are below 50 degrees) are required. Long John bottoms are recommended as well for Monday and Tuesday. Bring spikes and non-spike athletic shoes daily as well. It’s a good idea to have rain/mud boots in your vehicle as well for field work days.
Don’t forget to turn in your physical, completed by a doctor, to be eligible to try out.
We will be accepting Group 1 Registration paperwork from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm and Group 2 paperwork from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
Group 1 includes current 9th graders who played in the program in 2020, all 10th Graders, all 11th Graders, and all 12th Graders.
Group 2 includes all 7th Graders, all 8th Graders, and current 9th Graders who would be new to the program in 2021.
Updated tryout schedule below:
The Bozeman Bucks AA team closed out the regular season with a 21 – 3 conference record, making them the 2020 Conference Champions and earning the top seed entering the state tournament. Along with the #1 seed, the Bucks will have a bye in the first round of the state tournament. Their first game will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, August 6th vs. the winner of the Billings Royals/Scarlets first round game. The tournament will be played at Dehler Park in Billings, the site of the 2019 state tournament where the Bucks won their first state championship since 2007.
You can follow tournament results here: https://www.montanalegionbaseball.org/page/show/5692615-class-aa-2020-?subseason=681087
All Bucks games will be broadcast live by Mark Miller at KGVM.org.
We are now streaming all our games at Heroes Park at Legion Field for the Bozeman Bucks. You can watch all streams on YouTube (don’t forget to follow our channel) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRVbNhMAF9VEVBn7EKKEADA
Player registration has been opened online! Follow the link below for online registration, then follow the instructions in items 1 – 3 below to prepare for Sunday’s registration meeting (6 pm, 1/19/2020, Emily Dickinson Gymnasium).
- Prior to this Sunday, go to http://bozemanlegionbaseball.com/about/player-forms/
- Download, print, and fill out the 2020 player indemnification form
- Complete Online Player registration
- Pay $50 tryout fee (you can pay online here or bring a check to Bozeman Legion Baseball to the registration meeting)
- Turn in at registration
- 2020 Indemnification form (from above item 1.(a)
- Official Birth Certificate (I have yours from last year if you didn’t take it back)
- If you need to order this document, just let me know and make sure to have it turned in prior to March 1
- MHSA Physical Examination form
- If you got a physical for Fall or Winter Sports in 2019/2020, just get us a copy.
- If you haven’t gotten a physical yet, please schedule one right away
Our 2020 Player policy is undergoing revisions and will be available to view and sign prior to March 1.